Monday, April 21, 2008

Lessons From a Five-Year Old

Over the weekend, I visited some college friends in Pittsburgh. I met up with one of my close friends, a mother of two who had an extra kid in tow (babysitting for a neighbor).

The extra kid was named Dora. She was 5 and just as precocious as Dora the Explorer. For some reason, the forces of attraction were working and we instantly became friends. In fact, it was her proclamation ("I made a new friend!"). She wanted me to hold her hand, take her around a campus festival and not leave her side. We bonded within a course of minutes. I had no expectation of this at all (My intent was just to spend quality time catching up with my friend), but I could feel the connection between me and Dora, despite the clear difference in age and mental and physical capababilities.

This goes to show that law of attraction is not limited to adults. This is not an "adults-only" concept. A vibrational connection can occur with all living things - peers, elders, children, pets and all things growing.

No comments: